Recently Visited Products
Panoramic Adapter Tap (PAT12B) Board for 12 MHz IF Transceivers TS590 TS2000 IC910 FT920 etc
|Model:||PAT50M 50 MHz Panoramic Adapter Board by hupRF (Assembled)|
DISCLAIMER: To install this board, you need to open up your radio and make connections to the signal path and power supplies. You also need to either install a connector or route a cable out through the rear panel. This may invalidate any warranty on your radio, and no liability is accepted by SDR-Kits or hupRF for any damage caused while installing or operating this product in your rig.
The Panoramic Adapter Tap Board (PAT Board) is an assembled Printed Circuit Board, which connects the 12 MHz IF signal from a Radio Receiver or Transceiver like the – IC201/202, IC821 (2nd IF), TS700, IC910 (2nd IF), IC1271 (2nd IF) FT221/225, FT290, FT920 (2nd IF), TS2000 (2nd IF), TS590, TS700, TS790E (2nd IF), TS120/130/140/180, TenTec Orion to the Antenna Input of the SDRplay RSP Software Defined Radio (SDR) Receiver or another type of SDR Receiver covering the IF Frequency in question.
The PAT Board allows for the display of Received Signals on the Computer screen connected to the SDRPplay Receiver.
You can also use the SDRplay as a Second Receiver in addition to the Frequency displayed on the main Dial of the Radio.
The PAT board is designed and assembled by hupRF. The SDRplay RSP1 is an ideal SDR Receiver to give your Radio
a Panoramic Display and/or a Second independent Receiver Function, providing some 20dB more dynamic range than 8-bit RTL Dongles.
There are a number of YouTube videos about which demonstrate how to setup and use the new functionality.
One example for is by K4AX which is implemented on the Yaesu FT857.
For more information on the PAT board and supported Radios, check out the following document:
- Ideal for Contesters - See instantly Band activity on Panoramic Display.
- Select and listen to any signals visible on the Panoramic Dispay by switching between Main and Second Receiver audio outputs or using split headphones.
- Before ordering a PAT board, review the Installation Instructions for your particular Radio on the hupRF Website
Make sure you are comfortable to do the installation instructions, which may void the warranty of your radio.
- Be aware that if you tap the 1st IF Filter after the 1st IF roofing Filter, the Panoramic Adapter Bandwith will be limited to the bandwidth of the 1st IF Roofing filter fitted on your Radio. If you tap the 1st IF before the 1st IF roofing Filter then you may obtain much wider Displays of 200 KHz or possibly more.
- Use of 2nd Receiver function requires tapping the IF Signal before the 1st IF Roofing Filter in conjunction with the HDSDR Application Software and requires specialist settings in the HDSDR Options menu as shown in the you tube video by K4AX . It may also require a PC to CAT Interface Adapter to control your Main Radio from the Computer used.
- SDR-Kits only supplies Assembled PAT Boards for 12MHz, 50 MHz and 70 MHz IF and related hardware connection kits as a service to Customers who would like to order a PAT board at the same time when ordering the SDRplay RSP1 SDR Receiver. Please contact hupRF if you require PAT Board Kits or PAT boards for other IF frequencies.
The following Hardware connection kits suit the majority of Radios - See here which Installation Kit is recommended for your particular Radio.
- Generic Socket Interface Kit GSIK - contains 400mm RG178, SMA two hole panel mounting socket, 6mm and 12mm M2.5 screws/nuts/washers, solder tag, red and black wire and double sided tape.
- Generic Plug Interface Kit GPIK - contains 400mm RG178 with crimped on SMA plug, double sided tape, red and black power wires, solder tag.
- Panoramic Adapter Tap Board for 70 MHz IF Transceivers for FT450, FT857, FT897, FT920 (1st IF), FT950, FT991, FT1000,
FT1000MP, IC703, IC706, IC745, IC746PRO, IC756, 756 Pro II and III,
IC7410, IC821 (1st IF), IC9100, ICR70/75 TS450, Alinco DX SR8T,
- Panoramic Adapter Tap Board for 50 MHz IF Transceivers for 50 MHz IF Transceivers fT757 FT857 TS440 etc