Recently Visited Products
KN-Q7A - 7 MHz 40m 10 Watt SSB Transceiver Kit - Low Stock - last few -
|Model:||KN-Q7A 10W 40m Transceiver Kit (incl Encl and 2nd Crystal)|
Fun to Build!
The KN-Q7A Transceiver Kit is a great project for licensed Radio Amateurs who would like to build their own SSB Transceiver. Apart from 1 medium-sized SMD transistor, the kit uses conventional leaded components on a quality PCB with moderate component density and a classic uncomplicated circuit design. Assembly should be no problem if you have with some previous Kit building experience. With guidance from an instructor, this kit also make a good first project for Novice Operators.
The kit comes complete with black enclosure and all components including a A5 printed assembly manual.
(No Internet connection required to build or operate this rig)
KN-Q7A kits from SDR-Kits are supplied with a crystal socket which allows a change of VXO Crystal
Two Crystals supplied in kit, Tuning range of 7080 kHz - 7100 kHz and 7110 - 7130 kHz
Optional matching KN-Q7A Speaker- Microphone available
Fun to Operate!
10W SSB RF Output and 0.5 uV Sensitivity assures solid On the Air performance - Simple to operate!
Ideal for Portable or Emergency use in combination with a 12V Gel battery and a 10m Fibre mast antennaas
support for a half wave - end fed antenna: http://www.spirat.com.au/vk5zvs/pic49.htm
Thanks to the RSGB for their permission to use this article:
KN-Q7A Kit Specifications
• Frequency tuning range: VXO type about 20 kHz. 7.080-7.100 MHz or 7.110-7.130 MHz
(Frequency change is achieved by plugging in the 2nd crystal supplied with the kit)
• RF output: about 10 W PEP @ 13.8 V
• Harmonic and Carrier suppression: better than -43 dBc
• Sensitivity: better than 0.5 μV at 10 dB SNR
• IF filter: 6 pole crystal ladder filter + 1 pole post IF amplifier crystal filter
• IF bandwidth: about 2.0 kHz - IF frequency: 8.467 MHz
• Power Supply: 12 to 13.8 V, 3 A
• Dimension: 153 mm x 97 mm x 40 mm excl protrusions
• Weight: 500 g or 1.1 lbs
• Current consumption: about 30 mA in RX and about 2.5 A in TX @ 13.8 V
• Connectors: - Speaker output: 3.5 mm connector, mono output & DC Power Input Socket
• Microphone input: 8-pin, compatible with electret microphones - CR Kits Speaker-Microphone recommended
• Antenna connector: BNC Jack
• 2 Controls: Tuning Control & IF Gain Control acts as volume control
Why buy from SDR-Kits?
- Kits normally in stock - we aim to ship within 48 hours - why wait weeks?
- No surprises with import duties and Custom's clearing fees
- UK based Technical advice - email: support@SDR-Kits.net
- Printed Manuals & SDR-Kits custom mods for KN-Q7A
SDR-Kits KN-Q7A Custom Kit notes: http://sdr-kits.net/CRKITS/SDR-Kits_KN-Q7A_Notes.pdf
Visit the KN-Q7A Description for more information