An active Antenna with 10m RG58 Cable for permanent placement outdoors to explore and experiment with reception of satellite signals on frequencies between 1535 MHz to 1550 MHz.
Suitable for SDRPlay SDR Radios (RSP1A, RSP2, RSP2pro, RSPdx, RSPduo) and also for other Radios fitted with Bias Tee facility supplying 3V – 5V DC.
Can provide reception of signal with popular JAERO software where not forbidden by local Laws.
The Patch Antenna can be conveniently mounted by fixing a 10cm x 10cm iron angle bracket to an outside mast or other object and the magnet will hold the Antenna securely in place - similarly when placing the Antenna on top of the roof of a car for mobile reception.Frequency band 1535 MHz – 1550 MHz for Inmarsat Satellite band
- 10 meter RG58 cable with fitted SMA Male plug
- Right Hand Circular Polarization (RHCP) Omni-directional
- Noise Factor <2dB
- Gakin 28-30dB - built-in metal ground plane.
- Requires 1 inch diameter pole for mounting
- Temperature Range: -40 to +85C
Note: Reception on L-band frequencies from geostationary satellites requires the Antenna to be placed in a OUTSIDE Location with a clear view of the Satellite.
Unlike GPS signal - no reception is possible when the antenna is placed inside a car or inside buildings.
Adverse weather (rain or snow) and also change in Satellite
radiating footprint during the day may affect reception.
Product Support Information:
Please read the following information before ordering the Antenna to avoid potential disappointment:
- This Antenna designed for permanent Installation on a suitable pole outdoors, designed to our specification is successfully used with all SDRPlay Radios, RSP1A, RSP2, RSP2pro and RSPduo by many of our Customers.
- Successful operation has not been tested with other manufacturer's radios, like RTLSDR dongle which may have different front-end chips depending on the manufacturer.
- This is an Active Antenna with internal low-noise amplifier which will only work with Radios which have +5V Bias-Tee option.
- Bias-Tee must be enabled in software and LNA Gain and IF Gain controls must be set to maximum. When enabling Bias-Tee option you should immediately see the background noise increase by at least 10dB on the Panoramic Display.
- The Antenna comes with a standard cable length of 10 meters RG58 Cable. It may be possible to extend the cable length by adding a second 10m length of low loss RG58/U cable, however at the cost of loss of signal strength.
- The Antenna can be mounted ona (wooden or aluminium pole with 1 inch diameter. Conveniently a wooden pole may be used of which the diameter is trimmed down to give a solid fit inside plastic antenna mount. Do not force otherwise the the plastic mount may split. For permanent position mount in an area where there is a free unrestricted path to receive the Satellites. One tool to help you is: http://www.sat-direction.com/
- The RG58 cable should be properly installed, supported every 50cm using cable clips or another method.
- Successful operation may not be possible if the antenna is located within 50m-100m distance from a nearby Mobile Telephone Base-Station or from local Transmitters operating nearby. A good test is to take the RX and the Antenna out into the country side and test this on top of a 2 meter wooden pole inserted into the ground.
L-Band Outdoor Active Antenna AS154 with 10m RG58 Cable for 1540 MHz Band for Permanent Use
- Product Code: L-Band Receive Antenna AS154 10M
- Availability: In Stock
- incl VAT: £51.00
- Indicative prices in EURO: €49.72, incl VAT: €59.67
- Indicative prices in USD $56.10