A new product from the Designer of the DG8SAQ Low Cost 1.3 GHz Vector Network Analyzer, the Magi-Cal® is an automated SMA Calibrator for use with the VNWA 3 Series.
Normally, the VNWA calibration process involves a number of connect/disconnect cycles of the various calibration standards.This is time consuming and can be prone to handling errors - Measurement results with vector network analyzers are only as good as the quality of the performed calibration.
The Magi-Cal® performs an automatic one port or two port VNWA calibration with a single connect cycle.
the full frequency range of the VNWA, the Magi-Cal® offers a high
quality of calibration that is on par with what can be achieved with Premium
Calibration accuracy is dependent on VNWA performance, which provides good quality measurements up to 500 MHz, somewhat reduced accuracy between 500-1000 MHz and useable performance between 1000-1300 MHz.
Each Magi-Cal® device is individually commissioned and calibrated, and the model parameters are stored within the Magi-Cal® hardware itself. This gives the added benefit that the unit can be quickly and easily used to calibrate multiple VNWAs.
The Magi-Cal® device contains two sets of reflect calibration standards for either rf port, and a thru calibration standard potentially connecting port 1 to port 2.
The standards can be connected internally to the two ports via USB control
connecting the Magi-Cal® to a computer USB socket, the LED indicates
functionality of the device by briefly flashing up in the sequence
- Automatic VNWA two port Short, Open, Load and Thru (SOLT) Calibration device
- Supports one-port (S11 and ) and full two-port (S11, S12, S21, S22) Calibrations
- Frequency Range dc...1 GHz with reduced accuracy to 1.3 GHz
- Supports all VNAs that are operated with the DG8SAQ VNWA Software, eg VNWA 2, VNWA3, VNWA3E, VNWA3SE, N2PK-VNA and the FA-VA5 Antenna Vector Analyzer
- supports plug-and-play and plug/unplug at any time
- Requires DG8SAQ VNWA software version 36.7.8 or above
- Uses VNWA LibUSB driver, no separate driver installation required, however at present no Linux/WINE support
- 1pc Magi-Cal® Automatic Calibrator
- 1pc USB Cable, length 2m
- 2pcs RG223 Cable 16 cm long with straight and right angle SMA connectors
- 4pcs SMA Spinner Grips
- Operating Instructions with commissioning graph
Magi-Cal® Automatic SMA Calibrator uses VNWA Application
- Product Code: Magi-Cal®
- Availability: In Stock
- incl VAT: £126.00
- Indicative prices in EURO: €123,90, incl VAT: €148,68
- Indicative prices in USD $132.30